Tuesday 19 January 2016

LAGOS STORY : EKO PEOPLE SHOWED ME PEPPER!!!



On this "fortunate day" I went to the Lagos market (EKO). I went to do aso-ebi shopping (they actually sent me there, like an errand) for my cousin's wedding. I was given one hundred and fifty thousand naira (150,000) for the clothes and I had my own personal extra ten thousand naira (10,000), in case I wanted to get something for myself there. When I got to the market, I was to go to the shop they sell the clothes, collect the clothes and give them the money.  Instead, I was like let me look around for things I want, because I felt when I get the asoebi clothes I won't be able to tour round the market. I enter one shop and got a wrist watch for five thousand, five hundred naira (5500). Then I enter one place like that oh, I wanted to try on a jean I left my bag on the table and entered one small corner of the shop to wear the jeans. I came out my purse was nowhere to be found, I didn't even know whether to cry or shout. I was so sure I dropped my phone on the table to try on the jeans. It was not even funny as I became weak instantly, tears dropped from my eyes as the only thing I heard people around there say was “haa, eyaaa” “pele o” “sho sure pe o mu purse yen wa si ibi”. My head was banging!!!! 




I was so confused. What was I going to tell them when I got back home? How will I even get home? So, I went back to the place I bought the wrist watch and begged the man to take it back and refund my money. The man was like no o he doesn’t do refund and all. He now said he would just do me a favor as he’s going to pity me and give me his gain from the watch he sold to me. He gave me 300 naira. It couldn’t take me home. I ended up at Costain, stranded! I had to trek from Costain to stadium.  I went to a friend’s house around there and begged for money back home, as I could no longer continue the trekking.



When I got home, (that one is another story). Lagos people showed me pepper. In this Lagos, someone must shine eyes.



PS: Lagos story will be posted anonymously. 



Thank you for reading and send in your stories :*




No comments:

Post a Comment