Friday 25 March 2016

Lagos story II : From Mainland to Island.

On this fateful day, I contemplated whether or not to go out to my friend's party. His family were hosting friends and he invited me. The venue was just  twenty minutes drive away from my house, so it wasn't far but I didn't know exactly how to get there. On the way I got confused whether I should pass left or right with the description my mother gave so. Then I saw a car with two male and one female inside drive close to me asking for directions, I told them I didn't know anywhere either, then I mentioned the name of the place I was going, they were like that's where they were heading to and I should enter the car (Ermm, I don't enter cars that I am not familiar with the people/person in it, so I really don't know what happened).

The next thing, they commanded me to give them my bag, I did. They searched it and saw my atm card inside. They drove to an atm machine, I was asked to go and withdraw as much as I could, I withdrew ten thousand naira for them. They slapped me saying was that all I had in my account, that I'm just fine for nothing, so I was broke and all. They said a lot and the slap was HOT!

Oh, I didn't mention they picked me up at Masha, Surulere and after all their "parade" they dropped me at Apongbon(cms) which is on the island. They said if I scream or make any alert that I was going to be in big trouble.

They asked me come down jeje, find my way and they zoomed off. I didn't know if I should scream, shout, cry or anything. The tears started flowing, people began to ask what happened then I narrated the whole story for them. The people around gathered like two thousand naira for me (I never knew Nigerians could actually be so nice). I went back home and I didn't step out of my house for one week.

The slap alone gave me headache for about four days not to even talk of my money. That day I realized on had to be extremely careful. Nine out of ten people I told this story concluded that they used juju (charm) for me. Thankfully, I've gotten over this incident but it still hurts and I can never forget.
Thank you for reading.
                                                                                                                - A

PS: Thanks to Marvy Legend for this amazing graphic photo of Lagos Story.

No comments:

Post a Comment